Sunday 5 June 2011

Do you need to change your citizenship certificate when you change your name?

I am planning to get my name change. But I just became a citizen recently and got my citizenship certificate. What I%26#039;m wondering is will I need to replace my certificate for a new one once I get my name change? Will it take a long time and how much will it cost all together? I know the process of name changing is easy but what about the citizenship certificate?|||To apply for a replacement certificate the form is N565 and the cost


is $380. You really don%26#039;t have to change it as long as you have


evidence of the name changeshould you apply for a passport. You


could have changed your name as part of the naturalization process


but perhaps you were unaware of this.|||I changed my first name and surname with the legal deed service for just 10pounds and they were so helpful with the all the questions i had to ask. There is a video explaing it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2mY2TaUOQ.|||No, you don%26#039;t have to change it. just keep the name change paperwork with you