Sunday 5 June 2011

Process to change name in naturalization process?

I have just gone to have my fingerprints done and I did put in my naturalization application that I%26#039;d like to change my name. Does anyone knows how this is handled through USCIS? If so, I%26#039;d love to get some detailed information. Thank you.|||The naturalization process is handled by a Federal Judge! He will change your name at the same time as he naturalizes you!|||If you ceremony is done in a court its done then .. just enter the details on the N400





If your ceremony is not done in a court it will not happen unless they make a special arrangement|||From what I gather--you have already stated on your N-400 you would like a name change? This will be done at time of your ceremony. When I became an American a few years ago--I received my papers with my new name on them along with paper work already made up and registered that my name was changed.


Good luck and I hope I answered your question.