Sunday 5 June 2011

When a company changes names, how do you transfer the vehicles from the old name to the new?

Our DBA is staying the same, but we%26#039;re under a new corporation with new bank accounts and new insurance. My boss has given me this assignment and I%26#039;m completely flummoxed. I%26#039;m assuming that the titles, registration, plates, and insurance have to change - but I%26#039;m not sure how to go about it. And I don%26#039;t want to ground our entire fleet by removing their plates in order to get it done!|||Contact the DMV and request a change of name on the title of each vehicle. Plates stay the same. Get new paper registration that reflects the change. Contact the insurer and tell them of the registration change and ask them to have the insurance follow the vehicle. They do this all the time on their end. The DMV will be your biggest bother.