Sunday 5 June 2011

Legal First Change Name for a minor?

I%26#039;m 15 was not born in America, but a legal alien, and been here on and off since i was three but permanently stayed here since 2001 i want my first name changed:


1. what are the steps?


2. how much would it cost?


3. do you need to be a U.S. citizen?


4. What forms do you need to do?











- I have my parents full support





- I am a legal resident in the United States








I wanna change my name because i simply dont like it ive had people call me a different name n its actually the name i go by and the name people know me by|||When you become an American citizen you CAN change your name! You can become a citizen when you turn eighteen and part of the application process includes a part regarding changing your name. \





Many new citizens change all or part of their name. It%26#039;s quite common.





Wait until you are eighteen and become a citizen. There won%26#039;t be any additional expenses involved.





If you do it now or later on, say after you become a citizen there would be court charges for a legal name change.|||Just go by your name, your fine as long as you don%26#039;t have people looking at your drivers license and or passport and your fine.





Because people are calling you the name you want, doesn%26#039;t really seem like you need a name change.





Just my .02 cents|||Go to the Clerk of Court office in the local courthouse and ask them for papers to file for a legal name change. If you are a minor, your parents would have to probably do it on your behalf....ask the clerk. Write down any questions you have and then ask them there...they will be helpful and you should have a good outcome!|||Try asking at the DMV. I have known kids to make minor changes to their names when they apply for their 1st driver%26#039;s license.