Sunday 5 June 2011

How much does it cost for a name change?

Well I currently have my Father%26#039;s middle name, my Father%26#039;s last name and my Father%26#039;s preferred spelling of the first name my Mother picked out. And since my Father is a total asshole, i%26#039;m going to get my name changed.





I live in Florida and it%26#039;s under my mother and I%26#039;s understanding that under Florida law a minor must have both Parent%26#039;s permission to change their name. So we%26#039;ve been waiting for me to turn 18(i%26#039;m currently 17). For clarification, although i%26#039;m sure you may have already inferred, my Parents have been divorced for several years now.





Anyway, my question is, how much would a name change cost? I%26#039;m just on planning on changing my first name into the Dutch spelling and give myself a Dutch last name, and I probably won%26#039;t even bother going for a middle name(what are they for, anyway?).





PS: Feel free to clear up any misconceptions I may have about Florida law regarding this matter.|||It costs 39.95





Here%26#039;s all the other legal matters, it%26#039;s not to hard to understand:


http://www.namechangelaw.com/states/fla/鈥?/a>|||I changed my name for just 10 pounds! with the legal deed service and it was simple to do there is a video explaining it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2mY2TaUOQ. The website is www.thelegaldeedpollservice.or鈥?

Report Abuse


|||I changed my name here http://www.deed-poll.net

Report Abuse