Friday 16 September 2011

Change name on green card?

i need to change the name on my green card because they have my last name wrong so now i cant get a drivers license , an ID and i am pretty much paralyzed here.



i need to know the following information, because i need my residence card replaced as quickly as possible.



-- how long does it take to get the card?

--how much is it to change it?

-- very important question:

i read on their web site that they will send you a letter , kind of like a recite, i need that letter to get my permit or drivers license



does anyone know how long it will be before i get that letter after i send the i 90?



if anyone can give me a time frame for everything and a step by step guide i would appreciate it immensely,Change name on green card?1. 3 to 4 months.

2. Free if it's USCIS' mistake.

3. You'll get the I-797 Notice of Action in less than a month.
Change name on green card?
You need to file the I-90 to obtain a corrected card. If it was an

error there is no fee. This site has the form and instructions and information on the processing time:



http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis