Friday 16 September 2011

Is there any problem to change your name from your previous pasport?I need you help plss...?

Well..i got a problem like this..i wanna back to my country maybe next month..Actually iam in Republic of Congo,Iam an Indonesian girl,I dont have my embassy here.I wanna go back to my country because the reason i wanna change my pasport and add my father's name in my name..For eg:my name on current pasport is Julia Rasofa Robin..the name of Robin i'd like to change become Houston(My father's name)If i change my pasport later,how about my congolaise visa that still in valid on my old pasport..And any difficulty that i'll found in the custom officer overseas,that i ever passed before to get back to my country.???Ofcourse i have a return ticket via the SAME COUNTRY.My question is what the custom officer will do if they ask do i have a visa to go to Congo,and i show my visa still valid on my old pasport..And in the same time i present my new pasport to get through this country to go to Congo...Iam so confuse...But i think changing name its a normal,as long as you dont have criminal recordIs there any problem to change your name from your previous pasport?I need you help plss...?To change your last name on any passport, you have to have supporting documents to apply to a passport office either

in Congo Republic or Indonesia, in person or by mail.

For instance! if you're divorced and wish to return to your

father's name I believe an affadavit is required, but there

has to be a legitimate reason for name change either by

marriage or divorce. You have to call passport office for

requirements or get an immigration Lawyer in Congo.