Wednesday 21 September 2011

How old do you have to be to get a name change?

Without parent permission. I'm 16. I want to change my first name to my middle name, which everyone calls me by anyway: Christine. My first name happens to be horribly ugly...and I want to get rid of it for good!How old do you have to be to get a name change?I'm sorry I can't give you an answer. This varies from state to state. You can do a name change in my state at age 14. If you want to know how to do it, I posted a sample petition for name change here yesterday. Without knowing what state you live in, we can't answer this.
How old do you have to be to get a name change?
I changed my name here http://www.deed-poll.net

Report Abuse


How old do you have to be to get a name change?
Pl file the application in your local court.



Regards
Without parental permission at age 16, you probably won't be able to.



However, some states have what is called a %26quot;usury law.%26quot; By using Christine, it becomes your name. The use has to be consistent and utilized in official documents.



By the time you are 18, and you have used Christine consistently, you will then be able to change your name legally.



Good luck Christine.
please tell me your first name...

is it bertha?
yay!!!!!!!! my first name is christine!!! change it it's a very nice name......lol. but sry, it depends where u live, but prob. 18 in most states, just like ur allowed to do everything else when ur 18.



sincerely,

christine %26lt;33