Saturday 24 September 2011

Would you marry a woman knowing she was not going to change her last name?

me and my fiancee were watching a show on tv and he said that he could never marry someone knowing she wasn't going to change her name, and he didn't know anyone who would.i would like to know your opinions. how do ya'll feel about the name change issue?Would you marry a woman knowing she was not going to change her last name?I don't know as far as not loving a woman because she won't change her last to his. But I think that it is pretty rude not to change your last name. Why wouldn't you. You love this man and you want to honor him and what not. I would feel real hurt if I were a man ans she wouldn't change her last name.
Would you marry a woman knowing she was not going to change her last name?
Yes, I would love her the same with either her on my last name.
Would you marry a woman knowing she was not going to change her last name?
My husband married me knowing I wouldn't change my name, so your fiance is both judgmental, sexist, and full of sh*t.



No offense.
I don't know if it's possible to fall out of love just because the woman won't change her last name. You see yourself with her forever then just because she won't take your last name, you'll leave her? That is childish!
We no longer live in the eighteen hundreds...it is perfectly acceptable to keep your name; I plan on keeping mine because it means so much to me....and I may hyphenate despite

(the generalizations) what people may presume in regards to my children having a hyphenated last name. I come from a a wealthy family and so I don't feel the general %26quot;what will people think of their background%26quot;, but that is a valid concern for many. I say do what you want...he is clearly closed minded....what are you to expect later on when he says if you don't do this etc. then I will....fill in the blank. He sounds like a spoiled brat. I would tell him that you want to keep your name and he is free to walk out the door if that's a deal breaker......
I think a man must be pretty primitive, sexist, insecure and not capable of loving a woman if he won't marry her or be with her simply because she won't change her name. I'm not changing my last name and my fiance has no problem with it and I know many couples like this. It's 2010 I can't believe this is still a big deal. The men who have a problem with this are probably the ones who buy promise rings well into their late 20s, are looking for virgins and think they have to ask the father for permission to buy off his possession opps I mean marry his daughter...lame and I don't need a man like that.
I know people who have kepted and change there last name. Its not really an issue, just depends on what you want to do. It should not be an issue that you do not marry the person you love over!?! Thats just stupid! I can believe that some one would say though over something so insignificant!!!
Damn! Looks like I'm going to be single for the rest of my life as I'm not going to change mine. Oh wait...I'm not single.
%26quot;That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet.%26quot;
My fiance knows I'm not changing my name and he's still going to marry me.



It doesn't make anyone less a man because his wife doesn't share the same last name as he. I went to school with a girl whose husband and her added the others last name before their last name.



Jenny Smith Jones and Michael Jones Smith (Jones being her last name and Smith being his - fictitious last names for the example)



Also, there is a difference between fiance and fiancee. Fiancee is a female.
Even as a girl I knew I would never change my last name if I got married. Why should I? If the bloke is so fussed he can change his name to the woman's. The matter never came up anyway as I married someone with the same surname!