Wednesday 21 September 2011

Question about last name change in New York?

If I am 16 %26amp; I would like to take my mother's last name . . How would I go about doing that? I would prefer not having my father's last name for many reasons . . I live in the state of New York.



How long would it take for a last name change?



Would it cost anything to change my last name?





Thank you!Question about last name change in New York?Your Mother has to help you with this. It has to be done through the courts. Because you are 16 and not of legal age your Mother has to give you permission and then you have to petition the courts..it will cost money but they will probably not deny it. Your Father may show up in court and ask why...but chances are 98% in your favor that if your Mother has custody that you will be allowed to change it if your Mother signs off on the paperwork.

Peace, Love %26amp; Happiness