Wednesday 21 September 2011

How old do you have to be to change last name without father's consent?

I am looking to get my last name changed to my step father's name so he can claim legal guardianship of me. I was just wondering if there is any way to do this without having my biological father's consent first, because I haven't spoke with him in 13 years, and have no clue where he is or how to get a hold of him. I live in AZ.How old do you have to be to change last name without father's consent?18.
How old do you have to be to change last name without father's consent?
You do not have the change your name in advance.

Your step father should petition the approporiate court to make him your legal guardian. If your biological father has been gone for 13 years and no one knows where to find him the court will grant your vpetition and, if the petition asks for a change of name and you agree to it before the court it will probably be granted too.