Wednesday 21 September 2011

Changing name back to maiden name in Indiana?

My divorce was final in December. In the document showing the divorce was finalized, it states that I want my last name to go back to my maiden name. I know I need to go to the courthouse and to the clerks office to legally change my last name. My question is, once I go, what usually happeneds and how long does it take for my name to legally change? Thank you for your help.Changing name back to maiden name in Indiana?Hire a lawyer to handle your name change for you!
Changing name back to maiden name in Indiana?
Your name has already been legally changed to your maiden name per the divorce decree. You don't have to go to the courthouse and clerk's office. All you have to do is take your divorce papers to the Social Security office and apply for a new Social Security card with your %26quot;new%26quot; name, just like you did when you got married. You also need to apply for a new driver's license. Then you can change your bank accounts. This will take as long as it will take you to get all the errands done. The Social Security Administration and the driver's license will come pretty quickly, within a few weeks.