Wednesday 21 September 2011

Question about marriage name change and credit in Canada?

I don't know if anybody has any info on changing name in Canada and how it affects your credit rating.



I'm married and in the process of changing my name by actually doing a legal name change, not just assuming the name of my husband. Now, changing my name, changes my drivers license #, and I will be changing all my ids to my new name. What I wanted to know is if because my name is different and my id names are different, would this now make me have new credit...like as a new person, or when they run a credit check on me, would it show that my previous name and ids are linked to the new. I know it's a confusing question but if anybody has info on this for me please let me know.



Thank youQuestion about marriage name change and credit in Canada?In the US the credit reports are managed by social security numbers.

Your old name will simply show up on your report as Other names.

/