Wednesday 21 September 2011

I want to change the name on my plane ticket?

I bought it off of Orbitz to Mexico but I found out they've been kidnapping people over there nd it's really bad..you cant be by yourself at all so i wanted to sell it to my cousin. She has the same last name. How much do they charge, if anything for a name change?I want to change the name on my plane ticket?Sorry, but airlines normally do not permit name changes. If your ticket is nonrefundable (and it almost certainly is unless it's really expensive), then you're probably stuck with it.



However, there is an alternative. You can change your destination to somewhere other than Mexico. You'll have to pay any additional airfare that is due and a change fee. However, that may be cheaper than losing the entire cost of the ticket (which is what will happen if you don't travel at all) and you'll still get to travel somewhere nice. Be sure to make the change before your originally scheduled departure date. Otherwise, you may lose the entire value of the ticket. Also, do it as soon as possible or you may not be able to get a discounted fare and the cost will be very high.



Call Orbitz. They can confirm the rules of your current ticket and how much it will cost to change it.
I want to change the name on my plane ticket?
call your travel agent or airline
I want to change the name on my plane ticket?
Some types of tickets are non-transferrable, meaning you CAN'T sell t to someone else. Call Orbitz and see what their policy is.



As far as kidnapping is concerned- most typical tourists do not have to worry about this stuff. If you are with other people (tourists) and you are visiting the typical tourist cities/resorts/beaches you should have nothing to worry about.



Check the US government website that posts travel advisories at http://travel.state.gov/
The name on the ticket must be the same as the passenger..............you better find out or they wont let you take the flight when you show up to fly.
Tickets are non-transferable..........you bought it you got it............easy...........
Ask the airline.



You're also being silly.