Friday 16 September 2011

How to change your name legally while you are in college, and all associated materials with you nam documented?

The name is spelled nam since I had 1 letter over used. How do I get my files at college changed as well as the files coming from things such as SS card, Credit Card, Lease, Driver License, Phone company, everything? Also, how will my professors address me? Should I wait until after college and then just get my name changed on file with my degree and everything else? Advice, tips, suggestions, directions, etc.?How to change your name legally while you are in college, and all associated materials with you nam documented?To change your name, you need to go to the courthouse and file some papers. The clerk there should be able to help you.



Once your name is changed, you are responsible to make sure everyone that needs the new name gets it. You need to contact Social Security, DMV, college administration, utility companies, credit card companies, and everyone else that you do business with to have them change your name.



How will the professors address? How ever you want them to. If it is easier for you to have you addressed with your old name, tell them to call you that. If you want them to call you by your new name, then let them know that.