Wednesday 26 October 2011

In the state of georgia how can you legally change your name?

I live in Georgia and Im 16. I wanted to change my first name to what my middle name is because it is easier to pronounce. My parents are okay with me changing my name. I wanted to know what exactly I would have to do to change my name, how long it would take, and where I would I have to go to change it.In the state of georgia how can you legally change your name?you have to get a laywer and pay a fee and then go before a Judge and have it done

your parents would have to do that for you since your under 18
In the state of georgia how can you legally change your name?
Essentially you file a petition with the court (technically your parents do as you are a minor). You can find forms here: http://www.namechangelaw.com/states/ga/g鈥?/a>